Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reaching a Milestone!

I missed my official weigh in day yesterday, so I stepped on my scale this morning and this is what I saw.....



Crazy. 224.4 pounds means that I've lost a total of 52.6 pounds. Hitting that 50 pound mark was an amazing feeling. That happened earlier in the week but I was skeptical that it was real. Lots of self doubt creeps in with voices saing things like "Oh, that's just a fluke..tomorrow you'll be back up to 230", or "hmmm, something must be wrong with your scale". It's crazy, the mental game that goes on in my head. I read it on other blog posts so I know I'm not alone in that mentality which is a huge relief.

So, today I celebrate that I have indeed reached a milestone of more than 50 pounds lost on this adventure/journey of weightloss and living life. I'm very lucky to have so many supportive friends and family members encouraging me along the way, so thanks for being there for me. How about I envision each of you in a cheerleading uniform with pom poms as I finish my next race? I haven't signed up for one yet, but I'll be looking for one. Until then, think about what color uniforms you guys want to wear! I gotta get the mental image ready! I'm leaning towards pink and orange....your thoughts?

10 comments:

  1. oh geez...please not pink and orange!!! how bout Purple and Green? Go mom go!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like green sparkly please..... and can I have antennas? Also, if you're gonna keep takin pics of your feet, for god-sake, shave your toes!! AWESOME work you're doing!! Your Frister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink and orange? That's disgusting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, Purple and Green for Ashley (like our quilt!), green sparkly for JaiCie (with antenna of course) and no one for my pink and orange yet. I know orange is Tara's favorite color, so she might support the idea. Sounds like a rainbow of cheerleaders which is fine by me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOT PINK AND ORANGE FOR MEEEEEEEEEE

    From your big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo Hoo...I knew SOMEONE would have to go for the pink and orange. Thanks Denise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Kelly! I think I would like a fuchsia and white uniform :) Keep kicking butt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink and orange for the Pom Poms would be fine, but for the outfit??? eeewwwwwwww.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be the one wearing the full pants and jacket -- but I'll be happy to shake the poms!! Those things have to be crinkled first so we can have a crinkle party the night before. Awesome work Kelly!! I'm so very proud of you.\
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly O. - TOO FUNNY. That brings back some serious memories. Crinkling the pom poms first! Miss you!

    Karen - Thanks for agreeing to the pink and orange pom poms, how about white and orange or white and pink for the outfit? (smile) Can't wait to see you in 11 days...but who's counting?

    Karolyn - Fuschia and White for you...you just have to be unique huh? LOL Miss you girl. What quilts have you got in the works? Give my sweet neice and sister a hug for me ok?

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss