Monday, January 31, 2011

10K Success!

As I mentioned in previous posts, I decided to run my first 10K race on January 30th in honor of my mom who would have celebrated her 71st birthday. She was always there to encourage me every time I tried to lose weight. This is the longest I've ever stayed focused on this journey, acknowledging that it's a life change NOT a weightloss plan that will be done when I lose xx number of pounds.

SO, 10K = 6.2 miles and I'd never done that distance before...not even on the treadmill but I was determined to do it. My average 5K time has been about 42 minutes so I was really hoping that I would finish the 10K in 90 minutes or less. WELL LET ME TELL YOU... it was LESS alright! At the half mark (5K) I was at 38:38 so that was a new personal best. AND I finished the 10K in 1:20:32 (official time from the race website). It was invigorating and I felt such a sense of accomplishment when I was done. Mikki was so supportive and was there at the finish line to take this picture.


Just before the start of the race, I met Vicki who was doing her first 5K! So excited for her as she starts her adventure. GO VICKI!

3 comments:

  1. You make me want to keep running. So I will. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell behind on your blog so I am looking back! Awesome that you had a Personal Best!

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss