Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 6 and LOTS of calories burned

I did it! I ran the 5K and I have a new best time...43:22 is the unofficial time. It was so much fun to see all the families running with their kids and dogs. VERY COOL. I'll be looking forward to getting my fancy schmancy picture that was taken by the event photographer of my finish. I'm really proud of myself...I actually teared up at the finish line. Not sure what that was about but I think it had something to do with pride.

Here's my starting line photo to hold until the finish one is available! You'll see that my pretty princess Taylor was there to send me off on the race. She was wearing her TuTu and carrying her pink sparkly purse.



After the race, we headed to downtown Olympia for Sand in the City. Taylor had a great time playing in the sandbox. We had fun making a mini sandcastle and listened to the Crow Drummers (of which my Frister is a new member). We enjoyed the entertainment and getting sand in our pants didn't completely suck. Lunch at Sizzler for a yummy salad then headed home for......








TREE TRIMMING! My evergreens have been in desperate need of pruning and I decided today was the day to start the project. The first picture shows the work in progess. You can see that the branches were down to the ground which made mowing a real pain in the hiney. SO, I trimmed them all up to about shoulder high. You can see that I'm hidden in the trees trying to finish off the last few trees in this row. Keep in mind I didn't use a chain saw...muscles all the way! There are two more sections this size so definitely more to come!




There were LOTS of branches which is what this second picture shows! SO MANY branches.... they'll make for a nice bonfire in the Fall once the burn ban is off.
SO, there you have it. My day of having fun outside and burning lots of calories in the process. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to follow the blog and provide your input. Goodnight all!















5 comments:

  1. Fun day!!!! Proud of you! Way to DO what you're learning!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry at the starting line.

    I cry during the race.

    I cry crossing the finish line.

    Its a very emotional event when we step up to a starting line knowing where we come from and where are going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing, Kelly. Ready to cry just reading it. Wondering what it is that I am waiting for to get myself moving. Keep saying wanna do it.. I just haven't yet.. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is Turbo wearing LOL. Congradulations Kelly on the run you are awesome. Glad to hear your and Turbo are having fun. The trees look good. You are a busy woman, you making me feel lazy

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss