Sunday, August 22, 2010

A new start and an exciting 365 days ahead.

Tomorrow, August 23, 2010 is my 44th birthday. . . the first day of my 45th year on our lovely Mother Earth. My plan is to journal (or I guess when I do it here it's called blogging right?) through the next 365 days as I move forward in my life with determination.

The last several months, I've made numerous changes to the way I live my life. Exactly six months ago today, I weighed 277 pounds. Having been inspired by an amazing friend to move more and eat less, I've done just that. I've lost about 25 pounds but I'll have a more specific weight tomorrow morning when I start tracking my weekly weigh ins.

I've officially run/walked my first 5K race "Leaping For Literacy", joined a gym, and I'm working with a personal trainer. I've gone canoeing for the first time ever and yet I'm not seeing the changes I want. Stepping back I realize that there are things still happening in my life that are underlying, things people don't see because I hide them...and because of these things, the weight loss has not been as steady as it should be.

I've been a compulsive overeater for a lot of years. I eat from boredom, loneliness, habit.... I have to give myself credit for the positive changes that I have made (my food choices are much different today than they were 6 months ago) and at the same time, acknowledge the changes yet to be made. My hope is that by being accountable to my friends and family (If I'm brave enough to share this with some people) that I'll find the courage to share the good and the bad. I hope to open up about what struggles I face when I'm alone and the refrigerator is calling to me.
I know there is emotional work to be done. I know it in my heart and in my head. The next 365 days will be an adventure...a "life changing journey" as my fruitcup Tara calls it. My life changing journey began in the Spring, but today I decide to share my days so that I can see where change is happening and where it still needs to be.

One of my biggest fears has always been that I would let people down. My plan is to not let myself down...to move forward in this journey to a stronger, healthier, happier person with joy in my heart.

It's my intent that this blog allow me to share my adventures with weightloss, excercise and creativity. By moving more and eating less....I'll find myself working in my quilting studio more often than sitting in front of a TV. That is one of my biggest addictions and one that will be addressed as the days go by. Less TV more creaTVity! (I know, I know . . .it's not spelled right but I'm being creative! LOL)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. My frister: You're brave, inspirational, and determined.... thankyou for allowing me to witness your transformations!! I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss