Thursday, October 14, 2010

Weigh In with Visuals!

So I have finally found some time to post my weekly weigh in for this week. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a bigger loss but it is a loss. I've been trying to think of how I could continue to show a symbol or visual representation of my weightloss as I go. SO, I bought 5# bags of flour that I will stack as I lose. Here you see that there are 6 bags and the notation of +3 means that I'm down a total of 33 pounds! Next summer when I meet my first goal, I'll donate the flour to the food bank or the local community kitchen. The interesting thing in this little endeavor was how amazing it was to realize how MUCH weight that is. I carried 6 bags of flour in 3 grocery sacks and was SHOCKED at how it felt. I held them and stood on the scale...and there it was. Almost back up to my start weight! Scared the crap out of me and brought tears to my eyes. Then I sat them down...the relief I felt was amazing. How much pain my poor body endured by carrying so much extra. I forgive myself.


Here's another visual concept that I borrowed from Miss Tara's blog (you should definitely read her blog www.263andcounting.com .
I was wearing the size 26 pair last Winter and they were miserably tight. There's no way they'd stay up now without a really tight belt of a lovely pair of suspenders. I'm now comfortably in a size 22 which feels great.


AND, now for the official scale photo...



8 comments:

  1. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

    I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap!!! The flour idea is magnificent!!!! Kelly I just love the hell out of you! What a great visual. You know I love the pants too. Visuals are so strong for us and really hit home as to how out bodies are changing.

    Fuck I love the flour idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO KELLY!!! KEEP ON STRIVING!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!! with self determination, energy and a passion you will win in the end... KEEP ON GOING & FINISH STRONG!!

    Finally knockem down!!!

    Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys...thank you so much for your support. As I said in my previous post, compliments have derailed me in the past but I won't let that happen again. Your support means so much to me.

    Denise - I miss my sissy! I'm going to be quilting "MY" quilt (the one you made for me)very soon.

    Tara - the flour experience was shocking to say the least.

    Lucas - thanks for being my cheerleader (minus the cute skirt and pom poms). You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flour idea! What a cool way to really visualize how much you have lost! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an inspiration! Good for you! You are in my prayers! Love from "Mimi South" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Showing bags of flours is very visual and wonder how much each of our boobs weigh. You inspire me to take care of myself. OXOXO, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly - this is great! Keep going and I'm sure you'll reach your goal. The flour idea is perfect, and I love the picture of the pants. Hope to see you again at the quilt weekend in NH!

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss