Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving and a Weigh In

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...tomorrow is the big day that lots of people get together and devour tons of food and give thanks for whatever it is they are thankful...if that's really the reason they're getting together in the first place. Often times, the festivities feel obligatory and as the "mom" I want to make sure everyone is included, happy, welcomed, entertained and fed! This year I started stressing about the impending holiday and rather than looking forward to a great day with family and friends, I was worried about what might happen...how will the personalities mesh (or not mesh), who will get embarrassed, or their feelings hurt, or or or. After having full blown panic attacks about it, I was reminded (by Miss Tara) how important it is to stay in the moment. Stop worrying about a day that was still another week away. Also, I'm in control of how my day goes and how I let other people affect me. That friendly reminder was just what I needed. Sounds simple right? It's something I probably would have told someone else but to see it for myself was a different story.

SO, today I was preparing the first turkey to go into the roasting oven (want to have lots of left overs to send home with all the kids and their respective partners) when I realized I was smiling. I wasn't completely stressed out about Thanskgiving anymore...I was looking forward to having everyone here. I bought Just Dance 2 so that we can get a little movement in on the big day. This version allows for up to 8 plays in the team version. FUN...SWEATY SWEATY FUN!

My weigh in this week was good and the TOM weight gain is gone. I've had a loss this week so I'm still hovering around the 240 mark. This week I'm at 238.8 so I'll have to get moving again to get well under 240 in the next couple of weeks.
OH...and I figured out how to angle my camera in order to avoid the bright flash at the number!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karolyn! I definitely plan to do that. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. post holiday check-in...

    We are absolutely in control of how are holidays go and I hope all is well as you wake up the day after Thanksgiving.

    We spend so much time thinking about the what ifs and the what happened before that we forget about the right nows. I love you Kelly and am so very proud of what you've done in getting your mental and emotional self back to where it belongs: With you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may be showing my noobness, but what's TOM weight?

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss