Sunday, November 28, 2010

Imagine Yourself...a card to myself

I've mentioned in earlier posts that I'm reading (andj working) a book "Throw Out 50 Things"... I've cleared out a LOT of stuff both material things and emotional garbage. Yesterday, I worked on my closet and found lots of crap I could get rid of...AND I found one thing that I truly "needed" yesterday.

A couple of years ago, I mailed a card to myself. Unfortunately, I didn't date it so I don't know exactly what was going on in my life but it's pretty safe to say that I was in a place of change. Yesterday, when I found the card and read it again it was a reminder of how important it is to give yourself that positive reinforcement. Replacing old tapes with new ones...POSITIVE tapes to replace the negative messages that play repeatedly in our brains.

Here's what it says:

Imagine yourself doing what you love and loving what you do,

being happy from the inside out, experiencing your dreams wide awake,

being creative, being unique, being you -

changing things to the way you know they can be -

living the life you always imagined... Wishing you good things today and always.


And here's the what I wrote to myself:

"Experience your dreams WIDE AWAKE!" I love that saying.

Kelly - Don't forget to trust in yourself to know what is right and good. Dream big and know that those dreams are going to be realized through action and faith. Be the person you are meant to be . . . love yourself and continue this exciting journey of change and growth!

I am a strong and confident woman destined for greatness KDR <3

SO, there you have it...whatever that particular journey was at the time is unclear but today this message to myself moves me forward and inspires me to continue this journey...WIDE AWAKE.


3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Check out my blog from today - and know that I'm totally stealing that from you. I've been going through some mental "cleaning" and "reorganizing" and that... that fits perfectly. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo cool! You wrote a really inspiring note to yourself.. we should all do that from time to time. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continue to illuminate....It looks good on YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss