Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Overcoming Fear and Accepting Challenges

I've posted that I was terrified of my vacation to Puerto Rico. I know that my biggest fear (that I'll gain all the weight I've lost) was irrational. I was so scared that I'd go to Puerto Rico and be surrounded by great food and have no will power or feel "pressured" to making choices of my past (which did NOT happen). Then on return from vacation that I'd step on the scale, see some sort of gain and have a ton of regrets...yes, there was a gain but NO regrets. That anxiety was gone!
SO, let's see what a week of "real life" will bring for next week!


In the meantime, take a look at this amazing beach! It's Flamenco Beach on Culebra Island...voted the No. 2 Beach in the world according to Discovery Travel Channel. It truly is gorgeous...swimming in the Carribean Sea with fish (and a small stingray! YIKES) was awesome!


And a picture of myself in a bathing suit that didn't totally freak me out. Look at me being brave and posting it here!

1 comment:

  1. The best part about this whole thing is you truly enjoyed yourself and there are no regrets to the experience you had.

    This journey is about learning to take in all the good, all the not so good and living with both.

    Can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss