Monday, November 8, 2010

I worked out with TARA!!!

I attended the Washington State Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (WSRID) conference this weekend and it was great to see so many of my interpreting friends and colleagues. The workshops were good, instructors were great and the committee should give themselves a big pat on the back for all their work.

SO, while in Tacoma for the WSRID Conference, I had the chance to work out with Miss Tara who has been such an inspiration to me in this weightloss journey. For those of you who haven't had the chance to read her blog you REALLY should find the time to do it. Check it out at http://www.263andcounting.com/ - she recently reached her goal weight and her journey to get there has been so intense. I appreciate her willingness to share her story by blogging the ups and the downs.

I joined her at Allstar Fitness where she set up a circuit which consisted of a "Trex" (correct me if I'm wrong Tara) thing where you use your body weight as the resistence to do moves similar to a horizontal pull-up (not sure what the actual term is) and a push up. The next stop on the circuit was straight leg situps with a 10 lb medicine ball from overhead to the feet, followed by a crunch position with knee touches. Next was a step-up (4 tiers high) with an 8lb ball to an overhead position (up and down), then sit/stand ups from the bench with a 10lb kettle bell(ball?). After that we did some work with barbells followed by more kettlebell work. Once going through the whole circuit, we ran over to the treadmill for 5 minutes before returning to the circuit! We did three rounds on the circuit and it was AWESOME. Thanks Tara for taking me through that workout when I normally wouldn't do that while "out of town" for a conference.


SO, to the business at hand...my official weigh in for week 11. I'm almost done with the first quarter of my 45th year (YES, I'm only 44...this happens to be my 45th year on earth...I'll have my 45th birthday next August). Here's what this week's weigh in looked like...

That's 238.8 which is 5 pounds down from last week. I've heard that air travel can affect your weight (which I don't understand) - regardless, I'm happy to have this loss and look forward to what my efforts this week will do to the scale next week!

3 comments:

  1. You're below 240 pounds and look great. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Kelly! You are working so hard! Thanks for the continued inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an awesome workout and you did great! Trex = TRX. You looked so awesome all sweaty and sexy!

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss