Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 5 Weigh In

I really had a great weekend! It was filled with family and friends, productivity, ACTIVITY and in the end, a small weightloss.

There's truly something to be said for getting rid of clutter...both physical and mental clutter. I'm currently reading a book (and doing the work) "Throw Out Fifty Things. Clear the Clutter and Get Back Your Life". It's a great book and as I do the work I'm amazed to see just how good it can feel to really get rid of useless crap! The space that is left after decluttering brings me a sense of peace and that's what happened this weekend.

Mikki, Ashley, JaiCie and I cleaned out the garage on Saturday. It’s a 1260 sq. ft. outbuilding that is a magnet for CRAP! I used to blame the kids for the mess but guess what?!?! No kids at home means no one to blame but myself! There’s always a reason for leaving something in there…I’ll get to it tomorrow, I don’t know where I’m going to store it yet, I might need it sooner rather than later, it’s still got a use...I just don’t know what yet…ON and ON and ON.

The truth is, that crap…the clutter that takes up physical space in our environment causes emotional chaos and clutter too. By decluttering the environment we surround ourselves with, we allow our hearts and our minds to be open to new ideas, new habits, new expectations of ourselves and those around us. There’s still more stuff out there to be gotten rid of. Old paint cans, fluorescent light bulbs, and a couple of drawers full of tools/nails/screws//// - Those things will go on the next round when I figure out the safest/greenest way to do so.

After cleaning out the garage and having a little while to play with my granddaughter Taylor before she and her mommy headed home, it was off to Little Larch Mountain (JaiCie…correct me if I spelled that wrong) up in the Capital Forest. The view was amazing.

JaiCie is a brilliant photographer (I'll have to get her permission to post some of her pictures in my blog....watch for updates on that!). She took Mikki and I to share a magnificent view. From this place high in the forest, on a clear day, you can see Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Hood. Saturday was clear enough to see all three. It was a real treat and sharing it with Mikki and JaiCie made it that much more special.

Feeling invigorated from the great decluttering activity and the gorgeous view, I decided it was as good a time as any to get in some exercise! My support team (and that’s exactly what they’ve been) was right there and encouraged me to go for it.
SO, I RAN DOWN A MOUNTAIN! I ran (and occasionally walked) for nearly 4 miles. Granted most of it was downhill….but I RAN DOWN A MOUNTAIN! It was so great. There was a time (as I was getting to the 3.1 mile mark) that I felt this complete rhythm…I didn’t want to stop at the planned 3.1 mile..so I didn’t! I kept running!

JaiCie was driving my car and going ahead then waiting to make sure I still wanted to run…Mikki was my water girl (she’s such a cute water girl!) and I did it! I felt so good about the run and the encouragement from them made it that much more exciting. Today my hips are really sore and my calves have a burn to them. It’s such a different sensation than the muscles affected when running uphill!
Tomorrow morning’s 5:30 am training appointment should be interesting! I hope he focuses on my arms because I suspect my legs will still be “tender” LOL.

SO, here it is….my official weigh in this week. Thanks to those of you who follow and take the time to read. Your continued support and encouragement keeps me moving. There are times that I feel like I'll never win the battle, but I will never give up!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the 240's!!!!!

    Whether your running up hill, down hill or on a flat surface you are still running boobear. Some would even argue that running down hill is more difficult of the three angles since you have to be aware of your balance more so than uphill or flat running.

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss